1. TaskRabbit vs. Handy: Where to get the best Household Services?
People’s schedules always tend to be hectic. They don’t have time for cleaning, washing, and other domestic duties because they’re too busy working, going to the gym, and taking care of their children.
In such situations, we have services that can help you do all the household chores at affordable rates. Yes! We are talking about services like TaskRabbit and Handy instead of hiring a private housekeeper.
They enable people to hire specialists to do monotonous activities like cleaning, washing, furniture putting together, and appliance installation. Alternatively, you may join up as a freelancer and undertake such work to make money instantly.
Here, we’ll compare TaskRabbit vs. Handy to see which one is the best in terms of services and how much money you can expect to earn from the activities you engage in. So let’s get started!
2. What is TaskRabbit?
TaskRabbit is an American online and mobile marketplace that connects individuals who are eager to perform work for money with others who are prepared to pay for it. An odd job may be a simple chore like hanging a painting or it may include a much bigger undertaking, such as gardening.
3. Brief overview about TaskRabbit
Leah Busque started TaskRabbit as RunMyErrand, in 2008 to help her with her dog’s food shopping since she couldn’t get there on her own. It was meant to be a community service, and it still strives to maintain that feel.
When TaskRabbit was founded in 2010, it changed its name to TaskRabbit and was purchased by Ikea in 2017. The addition of a furniture assembly service was the most significant result of the purchase.
4. Pros and cons of TaskRabbit
4.1 Pros of TaskRabbit
- TaskRabbit provides Taskers with the opportunity to earn a substantial amount of money, with some Taskers earning up to $2,000 every week! TaskRabbit is a great way to earn money if you can put in the effort.
- When it comes to a Tasker’s location, they’ll have an abundance of customers to choose from. Because of this, it is easy to get started and start making money right away.
- TaskRabbit is a terrific location to get work, but it doesn’t imply that you have to perform a new task every day. There is a long-term working potential. It’s very uncommon for customers to engage Taskers on a long-term basis, even if there are occasional Taskrabbit complaints.
- There are certain advantages to working as a freelance Tasker, despite the fact that you don’t have access to employee benefits. TaskRabbit, on the other hand, offers its own incentive program for Taskers who put in the time and effort.
- Depending on the circumstances, TaskRabbit offers limited insurance coverage for certain types of damages.
4.2 Cons of TaskRabbit
- TaskRabbit is a great way to generate money, but it takes time to create a strong reputation, which is why the starting pay is so low. Most have to start off with cheap rates in order to attract customers and build up their revenue afterward.
- There is no escaping the reality that self-employed and gig economy employees have an inconsistency in their earnings.
- They charge a registration fee of 25 dollars.
5. What is Handy?
Handy can assist you with anything from cleaning and assembly to painting, moving, plumbing, electrical, and smart home setup. Thousands of individuals are matched with experts around the nation every week via the site.
6. Brief overview about Handy
Handy was launched in 2012, at a time when the “gig economy” was beginning to take off. In order to link homes with handymen and cleaners, Handy is the primary platform.
For an unknown sum, Handy was just bought, although its current value is $360 million dollars. This service has helped thousands of handymen and house cleaners find customers in dozens of locations over the past several years
7. Pros and cons of Handy
7.1 Pros of Handy
- Earnings are highly dependent on the specific expertise you possess. With highly sought-after expertise, you may make up to $62 an hour.
- You may choose your working hours according to your own schedule. As little as 2 hours a day or as many as 10 hours a day is OK.
- Assign jobs within 50 miles of your address so you don’t have to drive too far to find a position.
- Getting instant payment to your connected bank account is the fastest way to be paid for a job within seven days of it ending.
7.2 Cons of Handy
- You will be charged between $10 (between 24 to 48 hours of the scheduled start time) and $50 (within 72 hours of the scheduled start time) in case of no show.
- Customers may cancel the service up to 24 hours before it begins without incurring a penalty.
- As a result of the length of the application procedure, the lengthy application procedure may be a turn-off for some.
8. Best Part about using Handy and Taskrabbit
8.1 A vast number of household services are available
In addition to cleaning and ordinary services, both Handy and Taskrabbit provide Services ranging from house cleaning to furniture assembly to handyman services like hanging pictures and building shelves, office cleaning to TV installation to interior painting to assist with relocating.
8.2 Availability across the UK, US, and Canada
Over a million reservations have been made on the platform by the people that work across the UK, US, and Canada. A lot of consumers have already built faith in their service because of the enormous number of reservations they have received.
8.3 Tough Screening Process
It isn’t a place where you can simply join up and say that you can perform any work that comes your way. For a person to be regarded as a professional, he or she must have had some experience in the field.
They are extensively strict and have to pass a background check prior to they can begin working on the platform. All of the workers need to be extremely skilled and well-regarded by their clients.
If you want to provide your services on this platform, you’ll have to satisfy the criteria:
- Paid labor experience in handy work or house cleaning is required.
- Customer service skills are a must.
- Be able to legally work in the nation where you wish to work for.
- Identify yourself using your date of birth and social security number.
- An investigation of your personal history will be conducted.
8.4 Easy payments
Every week, they compile a list of all the tasks you’ve completed since the previous Monday. Expenses and tips are removed at this stage, and the total is rounded up. They will send you a bank transfer once the amount has been computed.
8.5 The booking process is fairly simple.
Using the app or the website, you merely need to choose a book and click on it to get started. Don’t wait long for your service to be completed since there are a lot of pros accessible on the internet.
8.6 Flexible hours
If you work as a professional, you may choose your own hours and work as much or as little as you like. You may set your own working hours and pick the sort of work you want to do. ”
9. Differences between TaskRabbit and Handy
9.1 Charging background check fee
An investigation of your personal history will be conducted by Handy. Your first check from Handy includes the $20 fee for a background check. You can consider this to be the registration fee. However, no background verification fee is needed for Taskrabbit.
So in the case of charging fees for background verification, TaskRabbit is a winner.
9.2 Registration Fee
On the TaskRabbit website, you sign up for a free account. But a $25 registration fee is needed for the first time. A direct deposit is required in order to get paid. It is simpler to get started if you have all of your financial information at hand.
So in the case of registration fees, Handy is a winner.
9.3 Retail Store
Furthermore, Handy offers a store. You can purchase furniture and appliances that will be installed by the company’s experts, as well as electronics and other items. On the other hand, Taskrabbit doesn’t have any stores of its own.
So in the case of having a retail store, Handy is a winner.
9.4 Late Fee
On Handy, jobs are often planned a few days in advance, so planning ahead is a good idea. Be on time since Handy deducts a late fee if you’re late for your scheduled appointment time. Handy will charge you $15 if you show up late to a job.
This is actually a very negative aspect of Handy as sometimes due to genuine cases and emergencies, workers might have to cancel their gigs at the last moment.
So in this case, TaskRabbit is a winner.
9.5 Flexible pricing scheme
With TaskRabbit, you may charge $100 per hour or even more for your services. In Handy, this feature is not available. You can’t make as much money as you could because of the fixed price.
Thus, in terms of a flexible pricing scheme, Taskrabbit is a clear winner.
9.6 Policy for Refunds
Handy.com states that clients who are not satisfied with the service they got may contact a representative and always request a refund of what they spent for their services. However, Taskrabbit doesn’t have this policy of refund even if the service is bad.
So, in terms of refund policy, Handy is a winner.
9.7 Sign-in Bonus
In case if you are a first-time user on TaskRabbit, you will get ten dollars off on your first household service. However, this isn’t applicable to Handy.
Thus, in the case of providing first-time user incentives, TaskRabbit is a winner.
10. Voluntary Association
TaskRabbit has a voluntary services wing named TaskRabbit for Good where they are making attempts to connect volunteers to local needs and work opportunities to the needy ones.
On the other hand, Handy has its own retail platform where several retail stores can become partners.
11. TaskRabbit vs Handy: At a Glance
Background check fee
$15 late fee
Average income for sellers
Commission obtained by platforms each time the seller earns money through gigs
$15 initially, now its discontinued
$25 one time
First task discount
$10 dollars off
Offline retail store
Partnerships for shops
High- quality installation services
50+ categories available
Basic categories only
Available (TaskRabbit for Good)
Average income made by professionals
Credit card is a must
Type of app
Mobile apps for both iOS and Android, and browser extension
Mobile apps for both iOS and Android, and browser extension
Google play ratings
Available in website
Available through third-party apps
12. Some other Alternatives to Handy and TaskRabbit
12.1 Chore Relief
In addition to connecting individuals to genuine work, ChoreRelief is another website that does the same. You only react to the best bid if the tasks you’re interested in match your abilities.
ChoreRelief is completely free to join. The UI is straightforward and user-friendly, making it ideal for beginners. When setting up your location and working radius, the most essential thing to remember is to choose a central location.
12.2 Housecall Pro
People who wish to generate money by cleaning houses and doing other activities may utilize Housecall Pro. Use this platform since it’s easy to understand and navigate.
Text messages and arrival alerts are simple ways to keep your customer updated. With just one click, you’ll be able to send a personalized invoice to each of your clients. You can monitor your profits at any moment thanks to the software’s ability to save payment information.
The “Properly Marketplace Guarantee” covers the whole procedure. As a result, clients have more faith in the Pros they choose for their projects. It is possible to evaluate each job based on its own qualities. Having an idea of your prospective revenue and the extent of the project is essential.
13. Tips to make the most out of Handy and TaskRabbit
It’s possible that after you’ve become used to TaskRabbit, you’ll want to boost it up. If you want to get the most out of your money, don’t put it off any longer.
- All the services you’re able to do should be included. Having a wide variety of services makes it easier for people to find you.
- You should be accessible for immediate assignments. If you’re the only one accessible at the moment, you may be able to demand a greater charge.
- Extend the time you’re available. Clients won’t be able to find your business if you have scheduled yourself as unavailable at such hours.
- Make sure you’re charging a fair price for the service you’re providing. Beware of charging too little for a service, and don’t go over the top until you’ve got a lot of positive reviews to back it up.
- Keep your short pitches on target. In order to get it right, you’ll need a lot of time and a lot of adjusting – these descriptions aren’t the type that you can just set and forget.
14. Final Thoughts on Handy vs TaskRabbit
In this battle of Handy vs TaskRabbit, even though both of them have their own set of pros, cons, and selling points, Handy is more customer-centric whereas TaskRabbit is more seller-centric.
So we can suggest that if you are planning to get some household service, your first priority should be Handy. And if you are planning to sell your services, TaskRabbit would be a great option.
Hope you found what you have been searching for today. By following the above steps and process you can clearly decide which platform you should choose as a seller or buyer.
To collaborate with top website developers for your Cashback Application, send an email at [email protected] and discuss your requirements and get a custom quote.
Bookmark our website for information and regular updates regarding app development.
How long does it take for Handy to pay you?
Depending on the bank you select, this procedure may take up to five business days to complete. For 20 of the most popular banks used by Handy pros, the following are the projected maximum processing times.
Is IKEA the owner of TaskRabbit?
TaskRabbit was bought by IKEA in 2017. The TaskRabbit shares were bought in their whole by the furnishings store. TaskRabbit, on the other hand, is completely another firm.
Is insurance required to work at Handy?
There is no legal need for California handymen and contractors to carry insurance, but the state licensing board highly recommends it.
Is TaskRabbit worth the money?
A Tasker is a great way to get extra money if you’re willing to seek other employment. If you’re willing to put in a little more work, you’ll get a scalable microbusiness in return.