In the past, if people wanted to buy groceries, they would definitely go to the grocery store. They had to face a few problems there, from parking the vehicle to crowded checkouts. And they will spend a lot of time in the grocery store searching for items and many more.
Based on these problems faced by the customers, grocery apps like BigBasket and Grofers have come into existence. It is one of the easiest ways of buying all your home needs. So most people prefer the online grocery delivery process.
They are the number of profits on the grocery app. Some of them are to increase new customers, good customer relationships, increase sales, etc.
This is a bigger opportunity for supermarket owners or businesses to reach out to potential buyers and customers and it is a growing need to make services available quickly, easily and with convenience. This is the current on-demand business all over the world.
2. Big Basket
Big Basket is an online Grocery store which is said to be India’s biggest online store which makes buying groceries online easier with more that 20,000 products from 1000+ brands.
It delivers everyday essentials like rice, dals, ghee and many more from cooking items to laundry detergents to their customers. They made grocery shopping easier by avoiding traffic and waiting in the queue.
It was founded by S. Sudhakar, Hari Menon, V.S. Ramesh, Vipul Parekh and Abhinay Choudhari in the year 2011.
They also found Fabmart.com before Bigbasket that sold books, toys and groceries online in the year 1999. Later on it was sold to a grocery chain in the year 2006.
Grofers is India’s third largest online grocery delivery platform with almost 13% market share. It was also announced as the unicorn on August 16, 2021 after the fundraiser.
It was a company that was based on Gurugram, that delivered online grocery services to almost 18 cities in India. It was founded in the year 2013 by two IIT Graduates Albinder Dhindsa and Saurabh Kumar. It has groceries, bakery items, baby care and many more.
Both the founders found that there was a gap in the grocery delivery industry. As there were many startups emerging that time, they thought that was the right time to start Grofers.
4. What Makes them the best?
4.1 Big basket
- It provides Quality products.
- It has the largest organic products category.
- Guaranteed on-time delivery or 10% value back on late deliveries.
- A free delivery is available on orders over Rs. 1000.
- You can find all exoctic and organic fruits and veggies at Big Basket.
- You get access to farm fresh products directly to your doorstep for the best prices.
- Chopped fruits and veggies available.
- Multiple payment options including COD.
- You can set delivery time as per your convenience.
- Express delivery available in selected cities.
- Prices are cheaper when compared to the local grocery stores near you.
- You can get Great cashback offers
- A wide range of more than 5000 products to choose from.
- Easy returns if you are not satisfied with the product.
- The website is quite organised with sections like ‘Top Savers Today’, ‘Buy 1 Get 1 Free’, ‘Smart Bachat Club’ etc
- Multiple payment options including COD.
5. BigBasket Vs Grofers
Cities of Operation
Works in more than 25 cities across India.
Works in 18 cities across India.
Has more product categories like exotic fruits and vegetables, Fresho Range and many more.
It has less food product categories when compared to Big Basket.
It has a dedicated store for organic fruits and vegetables.
It has no specific organic store for the products.
Association with farmers
BigBasket deals directly with the farmers so you can always expect fresh products.
They deal with suppliers but not farmers directly. So there is a third party involvement sometimes.
Big basket offers express delivery in 60 mins in a few selected cities.
It has delivery slots ranging from 2 hours.
6. Is online Grocery shopping overrated?
Online shopping is undoubtedly the new trend that is ruling the world. But shopping for food online is a little new. Now we will see what are the advantages of buying or shopping groceries online.
- You can order groceries at any time, they are available 24/7.
- They can deliver all your products right to your doorstep.
- You can choose convenient hours of the day to receive your delivery.
- You receive the best quality food products or groceries.
- You don’t have to stress yourself with parking issues or heavy crowds at supermarkets.
- You get the best deals and offers when you shop online.
Create a grocery or supermarket app with the assistance of expert web and mobile app developers. Techweblabs is a reliable grocery app development company that drives a good customer experience.
Techweblabs will give you an easy UI and attractive designs. We have already developed several grocery apps all over the world. Our expert professionals take good care that you achieve goals and maximize ROI from your grocery app development.
Grocery app development demands a holistic understanding of the idea and the objective of the business. We are ready to create your groundbreaking supermarket app.