Modern Delivery services have made our life easier by providing us with such seamless and user-friendly features. However, even though the rise of online payments is at its peak, some people still have not forgotten the traditional habit of paying in cash.
But you know what the best thing is? Grubhub gives you the option to pay in cash, too, unlike reputed delivery services like DoorDash, etc.
Keep reading the article to further help you with how you can pay cash, under what conditions and how the entire process works!
2. Does Grubhub Take Cash?
Yes, Grubhub does accept cash as a valid payment method. However, it depends on the restaurant where you are ordering the food. Most restaurants do not accept cash payments for Grubhub orders. Moreover, Grubhub doesn’t provide a consolidated list of restaurants taking cash. Thus, Cash Payment methods may vary by location.
Because of their close relationship with restaurants, GrubHub strives to be as adaptable as possible to their customers. GrubHub can’t, however, decide whether or not all restaurants will accept cash as payment.
3. Which Restaurants Accept Cash On Grubhub?
There are a total of 20 cash-only GrubHub restaurants, but only because each restaurant is so regionally specific that GrubHub does not have an all-inclusive list. Some of them include Burger King, White Castle, Five Guys, Pizza Hut, California Pizza Kitchen, Marco’s Pizza, Subway.
3.1 How Do You Know If A Restaurant Takes Cash On GrubHub?
Adding an item to your basket and then checking the payment screen to see if you can pay with cash is an easy way to check whether this is an option. If the option for cash does not appear, then the restaurant does not offer the option.
Any delivery services that accept cash payments can be requested by calling the restaurant directly. However, the thing is that nowadays, many small businesses and Grubhub drivers are taking a big risk by accepting cash these days.
To know why keep reading.
4. Why Do Most Of The Restaurants Don’t Accept Cash On Grubhub These Days?
Many dining establishments do not accept cash orders, which is a real bummer.
- When you pay with cash, the driver has to drop off your food, pick up the money, and then return to drop it off at the restaurant again. It will increase the delivery driver’s mileage and time spent on the road.
- It takes longer for the delivery driver, and it’s riskier for the restaurant to accept cash payments.
- Also, it won’t guarantee that you or the delivery driver will pay. Scamming GrubHub and getting food without paying with the cash provided during an order is difficult, although cash purchases are riskier.
- In addition, drivers are at risk when they carry cash. Having enough cash on hand to make the change would be necessary if they were accepting large numbers of cash orders.
- Because of the possibility of someone canceling orders or defrauding the restaurant, restaurants avoid dealing with cash.
- Delivery services and restaurants have to work out how they’ll pay each other and how they’ll handle cash payments if they’re going to accept it.
- If you use a credit card to pay, everything occurs on your phone. When compared to using a credit card, carrying cash is far less cumbersome. Credit card firms charge restaurants a fee of between 3% and 4% of each transaction that goes through.
Because of these reasons, several restaurants have decided to solely accept GrubHub’s online payment option.
5. How To Pay With Cash On Grubhub?
- First and foremost, you’ll want to ensure that the restaurant you’re buying from allows cash payments.
- Keep in mind that if you do not see this option on your checkout page, the restaurant you are purchasing from does not accept cash as a payment method.
- Alternatively, you may have to choose a new restaurant to order form or use a different payment method.
- Go to your GrubHub app and log in using your GrubHub username and password.
- It’s crucial to conduct research. Find restaurants based on your preferences or location. Complete the checkout process by providing all necessary information. When you get to the payment screen, you’ll find an option to pay with cash. Click on it to continue your purchase.
See how simple it is!
6. Is it Possible To Tip GrubHub Drivers In Cash?
It’s possible to tip your GrubHub driver either online or by handing him or her a cash tip. This is a terrific idea to give the delivery guy some additional cash. On the other hand, many drivers have heard from clients who say they use this tactic to avoid leaving tips.
If the customer requests a cash tip on their order, GrubHub drivers will be able to view the tip amount before accepting or declining the order.
If you want to leave a cash tip, your order may take longer to be delivered by the driver because this option is considered riskier, and some customers never do.
7. Why Can’t The Delivery Driver Pay The Restaurant And I Pay The Driver Back?
Doing this isn’t a feasible idea as this puts the delivery driver at risk of having to pay for someone’s order with their own money, which isn’t always secure. According to their official policy, if a driver pays for a customer’s order, they won’t be reimbursed by Grubhub.
8. What Are The Other Payment Methods That Grubhub Accepts?
GrubHub Accepts the following Payment Methods:
- Apple Pay
- Android Pay
- Google Pay
- GrubHub gift cards
- Major credit cards
- Debit cards
It is important to keep in mind that there is a wide range of fees involved while making a purchase. It covers the cost of the food and any delivery fees or other charges imposed by GrubHub.
9. Will You Get Any Coupons or Offers When Paying Via Cash?
Keep in mind that if you pay with cash on GrubHub, you may not be eligible for a discount or promotional offer.
That is the reason why Apple Pay and PayPal or any online payment method are excellent ways to guarantee that you’re receiving the greatest rates on GrubHub when making a transaction on the site via an online method.
10. What Are The Benefits Of Paying Grubhub With Cash?
Some of the reasons to pay with cash are as follows:
- After booking a hotel stay, your debit card’s balance is low, and you only have cash on hand.
- You are reducing your credit card debt to a manageable level by solely making purchases with cash.
- Numerous factors might result in the denial of your online payment. Some of these include exceeding credit card restrictions, experiencing server outages, or being unable to access the internet and because of this, having a little extra cash on hand is always a good idea.
- Customer choice and usage of the most convenient payment option, whether online, card or cash, determines the outcome. Even now, some clients still prefer to pay with cash.
It doesn’t matter what’s going on in financial markets; cash still reigns supreme. Moreover, a quarter of all transactions in the United States are still performed using cash, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. So, worry not!
Grubhub does accept cash as a valid payment method and moreover, it’s the most convenient method to pay. If you don’t have Apple Pay or a credit card, using cash makes its way a lot easier. However, keep in mind that only 20 restaurants out there accept cash payments like Burger King, Subway, etc.
Many restaurants no longer accept cash payments, so you may not be able to pay with cash at your favorite eatery or even find one in your region that does. That’s why it is always advised to check once at the checkout if the restaurant is accepting cash payments or not.