You’ve booked a hotel room, but the restaurant food doesn’t appeal to you. Or even if you’ve had enough of the stuff which you don’t prefer much and want to try something new, but you don’t want to leave the hotel, here is the place for you.
In such a situation all you need to do is, open your Grubhub food delivery app and straightaway order something delicious that can hit right at your hunger pangs.
But wait! Does Grubhub deliver to hotels? And what about some other places apart from hotels? To learn everything you need to know about ordering room service from a hotel, delivery charges, service fee, tips, etc. So read on!
2. Does Grubhub Deliver to Hotels?
Yes, Grubhub delivers to hotels. Whatever you order from any hotel or place, if it is within the list of places to which Grubhub provides their services, you can get it delivered. The delivery time won’t take much beyond an hour. You may even get your food delivered to your room but it depends on the rules of the hotel.
3. How Did Grubhub Start Delivery To Hotels?
In 2016, GrubHub was one of the first food delivery services to begin working with Hyatt Centric to provide this service as a rollout. With this move, GrubHub saw an increase in business from customers who were able to order from them.
As an alternative to the standard Hyatt room service menu, this initiative provided guests with a customized choice of eateries. By dealing closely with hotels like the Hyatt, GrubHub has become a popular option for hotel food delivery services.
4. Does Grubhub Take An Additional Fee/ Charge To Deliver Food To Your Hotel?
Absolutely not! Grubhub doesn’t charge any additional service fee, tax, or delivery fee if you want the food to be delivered to your hotel.
The service charges depend on the location of your hotel and for that reason also, the delivery time for Grubbhub to deliver in hotels is just an average of 45 to 60 minutes.
4.1 Is GrubHub Supposed To Deliver To Your Door?
Yes, GrubHub is supposed to deliver to your door. Orders can be safely left at your door, in your lobby, or another secure spot at the delivery destination with contact-free delivery.
5. What Are The Benefits Of Using Grubhub To Order Food At Your Hotel?
If you’re staying in a hotel with a strict meal-ordering time and a limited selection of room service options, Grubhub is a terrific alternative. Even if you’re on a business trip or vacation and don’t want to leave your room, you can order food from Grubhub and have it delivered right to your door.
They have the widest network of eateries in the country, and the search tools will help you identify nearby restaurants that will take your order.
6. Does Grubhub Deliver Food To Hotels In Las Vegas?
Yes, GrubHub will deliver food from tens of thousands of Las Vegas restaurants to your hotel room through their online ordering system. It usually takes 45-60 minutes for GrubHub to deliver your food, and it will be brought to a ridesharing pick-up area just outside your hotel.
GrubHub will deliver food from a variety of local Las Vegas restaurants to your hotel room, no matter where you happen to be staying in the valley. In most cases, the driver will wait for you outside the cab or valet area to deliver your meal.
You can visit this link to check if Grubhub delivers food to your hotel in Las Vegas or not.
7. Which Other Delivery Services Delivers to Hotels?
Popular delivery services like Uber Eats, DoorDash, Deliveroo, etc can be used to deliver to hotels or any place that falls within their delivery service. You can order anything starting from packaged food to freshly prepared meals to a bottle of wine, depending on the hotels’ rules.
8. Can Hotel owners provide you with Grubhub food?
Yes, the best thing is that Grubhub has announced its tie with restaurants to serve their customers in a hassle-free manner.
Restaurants can even enjoy the benefits of a 30-day free trial to check if all the features and technology help them run the business or not.
9. Can Hotels Ban Outside Food Delivered By Grubhub?
Yes, it completely depends on the hotel and they have the right to not bring in outside food delivered by Grubhub. Because hotels are private properties, they can prevent guests from bringing in food from outside vendors.
While this may be the case in some hotels, it is very much a function of the sort of lodging. Resorts that have multiple restaurants will be less likely to discourage guests from ordering food from outside the establishment.
10. How To Know If Grubhub Delivers To Your Hotel or Not?
It’s simple to find out if a restaurant you’re considering permits guests to bring their meals through Grubhub. To begin, make a phone call or send an email to the front desk and inquire!
If you’re unable to do so, check out the amenities offered by the hotel.
They may not be as accepting of outside food if they have many restaurants and a comprehensive room service menu. But if there are no food options accessible, people are unlikely to care about food delivery from outside sources.
This is the most significant factor to keep in mind when making a purchasing decision. As soon as you’ve confirmed that you can bring in food from outside the hotel, consider whether you should do the takeout or have it delivered.
11. Does GrubHub Deliver To Hospitals?
Yes, a GrubHub account can be used to order food for patients, hospital workers, or visitors. However, ensure that, in light of feedback from delivery drivers, it’s crucial to keep in mind which areas of the hospital they are not allowed to enter when placing your order and to provide information on the app accordingly.
Drivers cannot get to you if you’re in a secured wing or at a nurse’s cabin, though the instructions might say they should meet you there.
12. In a Guarded Apartment, How To Order From Grubhub?
In most cases, when you arrive at the gatehouse, the attendant will ask for your name and address and unlock the gate for you. Then the user will be given the gate code when they place an order which they need to provide at the gate.
12.1 How To Order From Grubhub To Your Hotel?
- Enter your hotel’s location after verifying it. Before ordering anything from Grubhub, be sure to enter your hotel’s address into the appropriate field on the site or app.
- Use coupon codes if available. Mostly many restaurants shave a tie-up with Grubhub so be assured to use those money-saving hacks!
- Filters might help you narrow down your new options. We recommend narrowing down your selection by using our Filters, which range from cuisine to dish (salad, soup, etc). (Salads, Sandwiches, Dessert).
- Do check first with the restaurant if they allow outside food or not.
- If you want your driver to contact you when the meal is ready, give him specific instructions. In the special instructions, be sure to provide all of the specifics of your delivery. You can make it easy for the driver by saying things like “Please come in and leave with our front desk.”
- Thirsty? Order your drink in advance to avoid paying for the small bar’s outrageous prices. When ordering, make sure you include a beverage of your choice, such as water, soda, or juice.
13. Final Thoughts
Thus after a series of assessments and research, we can firmly say that Grubhub does deliver to a hotel. Grubhub can even deliver to your room or on the premises of the hotel, provided if outside food is allowed by the hotel. At the same time, Grubhub can deliver to hospitals, your apartment room without charging an additional service fee.
When you’re on the road, it might be difficult to find a restaurant that caters to your dietary preferences and price range. You’ll save money and time, whether it’s for business or pleasure if you prepare ahead and find out if your hotel allows meal delivery.
Finally, if having food delivered to your accommodation or bringing in takeout is an important aspect of your trip, make sure you do some research to ensure you won’t run into any problems.