As a delivery service that links diners with local takeaway restaurants and grocery businesses, GrubHub ranks among the best of all. GrubHub can deliver practically everything to almost any location because of its wide network of delivery men and partnership with stores.
But imagine having a late-night party with your friends and you run out of alcohol due to a number of reasons. So, What about ordering beer, whiskey, or alcohol in general though, through Grubhub?
2. Does Grubhub Deliver Alcohol?
In a nutshell, yes, Grubhub does deliver alcohol as a part of its service. You can order different variants of alcohol ranging from gin to scotch to wine. So you can order alcohol provided you are 21 years of age at least and you belong to some of the selected market areas like Florida, Michigan, State of New York, etc.
3. Where Does Grubhub Deliver Alcohol?
Well, technically Grubhun can deliver you alcohol to your home, hotel, or any curbside pickup also provided you belong to these places. Only the markets listed below allow deliveries of alcoholic beverages via Grubhub.
- Ill.’s Cook County
- State of New York
- District of Columbia
4. Can Grubhub Deliver Alcohol Anywhere Else Apart From These Places Mentioned?
No, apart from the places mentioned like California, New York, Michigan, etc Grubhub doesn’t deliver alcohol anywhere.
5. How Much Time Does Grubhub Take To Deliver Alcohol?
Like any other eatery or grocery, Grubhub will deliver the order to your desired location, in not more than 60 minutes. Depending on the distance of your place, you can expect it anytime within an hour. Moreover, you can even track your alcohol delivery in the app itself.
NOTE: However ensure that the ID verification mat takes utmost 5 minutes if verified, and if there are is issues, it can even get delayed depending on the situation.
6. Which Restaurants Deliver Alcohol Through Grubhub?
Several restaurants deliver alcohol through Grubhub’s service. Some of the top best-rated restaurants selling alcohol through Grubhub are:
However, note that these were among the top restaurants among more than 400+ outlets. To see if, in your Place, Grubhub delivers alcohol or not, you can visit this link.
7. Do You Need To Tip Your Delivery Man To Get Alcohol Delivered From Grubhub?
No, tipping your delivery man is not necessary. From the app, you can choose some amount to tip. You may choose not to pay them too. There is no compulsion. However paying them with Monetary compensation after they deliver, is not what is endorsed by Grubhub
8. Is Alcohol From Grubhub Expensive?
Usually, the entitlement for the booze is slightly more expensive than the actual price which is available in the stores. However, it completely depends on the stores and restaurants selling the booze. Also upon alcohol delivery, you might get some coupons, cashback, or gift cards, which can help you save a considerable amount of cash.
Mostly the delivery charges for alcohol make it an expensive affair to order alcohol online, as they need to ensure that the bottle doesn’t get in any manner until it arrives at your place.
9. How To Order Alcohol Delivery Through Grubhub?
- Customers who are of legal drinking age may use the app in the same way they would order food, but they must first authenticate their identity and age before making a purchase.
- Open the Grubhub app. Toggle the alcohol tab to order from restaurants, grocery shops, local retailers, and convenience stores if you reside in an area where alcohol delivery is available. As you usually would, go ahead and add products to your cart.
- The app will prompt you to provide a photo of your ID before you can complete your order. According to the company’s website, this is a one-time procedure that you will not have to repeat for your subsequent alcohol order.
- To deliver your order, only the delivery person will be able to see your ID photo and your birth date. Afterward, the delivery driver will no longer be able to retrieve your ID, since the remainder of the information will be obscured.
- Additionally, the delivery driver will check your ID before giving over the alcohol.
10. What ID Proof Should You Show To Get Alcohol Delivered From Grubhub?
All the delivery partners are instructed to check your valid ID proof before handing over the order to you. SO you can show them this ID proof:
- valid driver’s license issued by federal, state, county, or municipal government;
- a valid passport; or
- an identification card issued by the Armed Forces of the United States that contains the name, date of birth, description, and picture of the person are examples of acceptable forms of identification.
NOTE: The state of New York does not recognize IDNYC as a form of identification for purchasing alcohol.
11. What Do Delivery Men Check For In Your ID To Deliver Alcohol?
The delivery guys check to see if the ID is authentic and not a forgery:
- They Inquire about its expiration date and check that it’s not an expired ID card
- They Compare the receiver with the ID photo. The height, eye shape, ear, and nose shape or location should all be identical to rule this out. As a weight, hair can vary, you need not worry about them.
- They look for consistent, smooth edges on the ID’s corners and edges. It’s possible that an ID has rougher edges and is starting to fall apart. So, they look for glue lines, bumps, or uneven surfaces. The surface of an authentic ID should be uniform.
12. What Are The Alcohol-selling Rules Of Grubhub For Restaurants?
Grubhub’s alcohol delivery service is only offered in a limited number of locations but each location needs to follow some guidelines like having some licenses etc. To offer alcoholic beverages through Grubhub, your business must follow the rules listed below.
12.1 Packaging Guidelines For Alcohol Delivery
The diner’s meal should be packaged in a separate bag from the alcohol, which should be kept in a spill-proof container. If the alcohol cannot be delivered, the meal can be delivered by the driver alone if the alcohol is packaged separately. Ensure that all alcohol is packed and labeled in line with applicable regulations in your area.
12.2 Guidelines For Drivers To Confirm Their Identification
Drivers working for Grubhub are required to verify the age of customers before delivering food, and this is done by checking their government-issued ID. Self-delivery restaurants are responsible for verifying the age of diners before delivering their food.
12.3 Guidelines For The Use Of Alcoholic Beverages
Drivers are directed to return the alcohol if the diner is underage, does not have a proper ID, is drunk, or is otherwise unavailable.
12.4 Requirements For A Liquor License In The State
The restaurant must obtain a liquor license to sell alcohol at your establishment. Please ensure that your license is current and in compliance with local requirements. To offer alcohol on your Grubhub menu, be sure there are no restrictions on your liquor license.
13. What Are The Restricted Locations For Alcohol Delivery?
Delivering alcoholic beverages to the following locations by Gryubhub or any other delivery service is strictly prohibited. As informed citizens, you should also not order them when you are in such locations:
- Public or private school;
- College campus;
- Prison, reformatory, veterans’ home, or state capitol grounds;
- Locker or similar package storage service; or
- A business that sells alcohol.
Based on the above research, we can conclude that Grubhub delivers alcohol of different varieties. All you need to have is a valid ID card, be at least 21 years of age and belong to some of the authorized states. It was very obvious that Grubhub would be delivering alcohol as many of its competitors like DoorDash, InstaCart, etc also deliver alcohol.